Room to Read believes that World Change Starts With Educated Children. So do I. Check out the short video above and see how Room to Read and the annual World Change Challenge initiative is empowering young people in more privileged countries to help those with little or no access to books and education.
So, thank you to the top five schools below, who will be receiving their prizes from the major Australian publishers very shortly and to all of the schools, teachers, librarians and students across Australia who took part in the 2016 World Change Challenge and I hope that you will help me and the rest of our writer-ambassador team to help change the world through literacy again in 2017.
1. Somerset College on the Gold Coast who raised $2300
2. Hunter Valley Grammar School who raised $1456
3. St John’s Anglican, who raised $1000
4. Pottsville Beach PS who raised $750
5. Shore - Sydney Church of England Grammar School (total funds raised TBC)