Some Fest Highlights
* The incredible audiences across the board, especially the four-hundred kids each morning in the Breezeway tent between the Library and the Gallery of Modern Art. They were so juiced.
* Getting tips on research and fascinating pirate facts from Sherryl Clark.
* Meeting the affable Scott Monk and the lovely Melaina Faranda.
* Catching up with James Roy. He's a funny man with an encyclopedic rolodex of one-liners at the ready. He was a hit at the fest.
* Hanging out with all the cool publishing people, editors etc. who support the festival. Kids' book folks tend to be good humans all-round.
* A funny session with Jack Heath and Charlotte McConaghy where we spoke about the perils of starting out as storytellers at a young age.
* Skyping with Tempany Deckert on the big screen from LA in our it's yr life session
* Seeing Belinda Jeffrey and Rebecca Sparrow in a Fest Fringe battle-of-the-writers event. I heard Belinda's session at BWF was a scream, too.
* Some thoughts on a zen approach to my upcoming US release from Andy Griffiths.
* The grapes in the green room.