I'm blogging once a week at the moment but I tweet most days - links to writing resources, 'future of the book' stuff, new directions in education and an ongoing documentary of the travails of the writing process.
Below is a selection of my recent tweets on writing and publishing that I hope are useful. May you be well and happy.
- Here's an amazing iPad app for a book with soundtrack match-to-page http://www.strickenapp.com
- RT @WaldenPondPress: @cherwilliams I think we're going to see a huge uptick in 9-12 yos on ereaders within the next few years
- 'Picture Books No Longer a Staple for Children' says NY Times: http://nyti.ms/bhJO8r Save them here: http://bit.ly/fCZu2N (via @ypulse)
- On my dentist's wall: 'We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine.'
- "Writing: Find the time. Or don't. Whatever" http://bit.ly/9q66nR
- 'Read like a wolf eats.' - Gary Paulsen (from Karen Benke's cool creative writing book, Rip the Page.)
- RT @Royanlee @eglantinescake 3 awesome blogs by 8yos: www.muchomisha.blogspot.com www.petalsforfred.blogspot.com www.yoyoyumi.blogspot.com
- RT @gregpincus If you write/edit middle grade, this post from 5th grade trenches (by @LeslieSulliRose) is interesting http://bit.ly/h3tqPZ
- How to Make a #BookTrailer. I just put up 5 top tips on @slqld's Summer Reading Club blog. http://bit.ly/f2dpyg
- Fascinating piece by Peter Broderick, film distribution guru, on grass roots marketing success of doco, 'Food Matters': http://bit.ly/2Nu5MtCrowdfunding a book? How @robinsloan built an Army of Angels and self-published his first novella: http://bit.ly/d65OGf
- Cool 'future of publishing' tweeter: @SWInvestigators . Links to some excellent articles.