A writing workshop in Byron Bay for ages for 8-12.
How can you use all the odd, boring, funny stuff that happens to you and turn it into excellent stories? Author Tristan Bancks used bits from his life to inspire his short story collection My Life and Other Stuff I Made Up. Like the time his sister made him eat Vegemite off her toe and the time he had his appendix removed just to get out of school detention. Learn how to mine your own life for cool, weird, funny stories that your friends and teachers will love.
- Freewriting techniques
- Ability to source story ideas from personal experiences.
- Comedy-writing techniques.
- An understanding of how fact and fiction merge to create fictional stories.
- The importance of detail in writing fiction and how we find these details.
- How to ensure that your idea fits the short story form.
|NRWC office, Level 1 – 28 Jonson St, Byron Bay|
|10.00am-3.00pm (Friday, 18 January 2013)||$40 NRWC members; $50 non-members|
Should be a fun day in Byron Bay these school holidays. Hope you can join us.
You can book or find out more info here: email@example.com and 02 6685 5115