My Life & Other Exploding Chickens Game

Can you beat my high score in the new Exploding Chickens game? I think not. I’m ‘TOMW’ on the leaderboard. You can play it right here or on the mobile or full-screen versions.

Gamifying Books

I’ve dreamed, for a long time, about gamifying my books. This is the first attempt – bringing My Life & Other Exploding Chickens to life! Tom Weekly’s mad scramble to catch as many chickens as he can before they explode mirrors his crazy life in the book where he is attacked by killer clowns, evil dentists, giant headlice and ninja librarians. (You can read a free sample here.)

Feedback

I would love to hear any feedback. Just click Comments below and let me know what you like, what could be better and any tips for other Exploding Chicken catchers.

Game Credits

The game was devised and prototyped by Raph Atkins – super-talented 15-year-old game designer, and built by Ben Train from Mad Egg – the genius behind my Story Scrapbook transmedia brainstorming app. The music is by wunderkind Francis Atkins. The illustrations are by the mad but brilliant Gus Gordon.

25 Comments

1. Anonymous
    April 1, 2016 / 5:50 am

Hi Tristan!
    Could you please create a video answering questions or talking about Two Wolves? I have been looking through the internet for something like this, but all I have found are interviews about the My Life series. Thanks!

2. July 20, 2016 / 6:48 am

hi Tristan, i've been playing your exploding chickens game you told me about when you visited my school on Tuesday, July 19th. I also asked if my mum could get the My Life series you presented us on your visit, i'm sure they will be really exciting just like you said. From Harrison BBC.

3. July 20, 2016 / 6:48 am

4. July 22, 2016 / 11:09 pm

Hey Harrison

That's great to hear. I hope you wrestle the top score away from that pesky AMY9. ;))

T

5. Anonymous
    July 25, 2016 / 6:49 am

hey Tristan I AM TRYING TO BEAT AMY9 ITS QUITE HARD AND WHATS YOUR EMAIL THANKS

6. Piper
    July 25, 2016 / 8:02 am

Hey Tristan I'm tryin to beat AMY9 and I was wondering if I could have ur email if not that's fine ����I love your books from piper

7. July 25, 2016 / 8:18 am

Hey Piper

Go you! AMY9's reign must end! Someone needs to get 100,000!

Just click 'Contact' on top right of my website and then click the link to email me.

Cheers!

Tristan

8. piper
    August 4, 2016 / 7:55 am

hey tristan me and my brother got your books today thanks for signing them!!

9. August 16, 2016 / 7:51 am

That's so good, Piper. Hope you're enjoying them! 😉

JB88 just got 110000 on the Exploding Chickens game!

Tristan.

10. Anonymous
    March 10, 2017 / 6:12 am

Hi Tristan its Lucas from St Thomas mores school

11. Anonymous
    March 17, 2017 / 8:05 am

I will be the top score with 200 000

• March 17, 2017 / 8:15 am

Ha! Good luck, Chicken Person. I hope you do. 😉 🐓🍗

12. Anonymous
    May 19, 2017 / 12:16 am

hi tristan jayden woods from grand avenue the school you visited yesterday so i got the high score on your exploding chickens game and my score didn't come up so i don't know about that ps by the way my score was 200 000

• May 21, 2017 / 8:59 am

Ha! Yeah, right, Jayden. Dare you to do it again. 😉

13. June 29, 2017 / 5:41 am

Hey Tristan! You visited my school today.
    I'm gonna work at this until I can beat JB88
    But for now, I'll keep writing my book.
    What's pretty cool is that someone in Year 8 at our school got published.

14. Nabil
    July 3, 2017 / 4:59 am

Hi Tristan I love your exploding chickens game its really fun. Can you make another game like the exploding chickens game.(my names Nabil)

15. Nabil
    July 3, 2017 / 5:01 am

16. July 3, 2017 / 6:05 am

Nice one, Nabil. Glad you like it. There's a guinea pig hostage story in the next book. It would make for a fun game. ;))

17. Anonymous
    August 16, 2017 / 12:28 pm

Hey I'm kadyn u just came to my school yss
    On the 16th of august I liked the book (the fall and Two wolfs I rlly enjoy two wolfs and I'm trying hard to beat the game my highest is 11000

18. William
    August 18, 2017 / 7:18 am

Hi Tristan, Thanks for visiting my school today (Assist Catholic College) I love the exploding chickens game.

From William

• August 18, 2017 / 10:57 pm

That's great, William. I liked my day at Assisi. Hope you get into the leaderboard! Tristan

19. August 20, 2017 / 12:14 am

Hi Tristan Bancks, you visited my school Assisi Catholic College on Friday and I hope you remember a girl from year 4 named Bianca Fisher. I beat AMY9's score like you asked us to try and do. I am 8th on the leaderboard and my name is AAAA because it asked me to put in a name but I didnt realise so I pressed place score and now I'm AAAA on the leaderboard. If there is a way to change my name please tell me as soon as you can. P.S. I love the exploding chickens game.

From Bianca Fisher

• August 21, 2017 / 3:32 am

Hey Bianca. Amazing. Well done. That AMY9 is good but you managed to nab one of her top scores. Sadly, you can't rewrite the name. Good luck climbing further up the leaderboard! Tristan